- Pick up foreign currency (I did order it though)
- Plan what I will pack (Though I am told swimsuit, beach wrap and empty suitcases would be ideal)
- Plan what to see and do (Tagging along with a travel writer has made me a lazy explorer in my travels... I rely on her for all the fun)
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
About 9 years ago I had the fortune opportunity (redundant?) to participate in a unique sale of wonderful goods… Which I came out of with a specific taste for whimsical and silly decoupage things…
John Derian things.
I picked up this little gem in NYC today. I was walking around Grand Central Terminal and passed what I thought was just a stationary store. But a plate with a pretty bird caught my eye…
"I know that print," I said to myself. "The glass overlay. Bet there's velvet underneath. Must be John Derian."
So I popped in and flipped the plate over… Yep. It was a JD. And that's when I noticed that merchandised within all the stationary offerings were other JD goodies. Some small. Some large. All pricey.
"I have to get this one with the skull and crossbones," I convinced myself. "I can't find these in Toronto."
The one place that I found that does sell them in Toronto doesn't have a good variety of prints. Plus, they're expensive. So it makes more sense to buy them in the states than in Canada. No large HST. Plus variety of prints.
Traveling, for me, is dangerous to my pocketbook. Imagine if I lived in NYC… I'm sure my JD collection would begin to border on obscene.
Be EXOTIC if you going to Amazon, Be ETHNIC if you going to Anatolia, Be MEDITERRANEAN if you going to Cartagena
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
- Sidama, from Ethiopia
- Brazil, from Brazil (duh)
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
- Warm up Series (Pranayama and Half Moon through Eagle): No fan. I want the bodies to heat up naturally.
- Balancing Series (Head to Knee through Balancing Stick): Level 2.
- Rest of Standing Series: Down to Level 1.
- Savasana: Level 1. Hold door open for 20 seconds.
- Wind-Removing to Floor Bow: Level 1.
- Rest of Class: Level 2.
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
- Prevents me from getting to class
- Exhaust me mentally, making going home and sleeping the only thing I have energy for.
Monday, July 11, 2011
- Lawn Darts
Sunday, July 10, 2011
I was on an airplane, one of the regular commercial ones. Only instead of sitting in a seat, I was sitting at a desk in the plane. And instead of having pilots fly the plane, it was my team members flying the plane. I am pulling pins out of packages at my desk, but carefully, as to not spill them everywhere. That's when I start to feel small turbulence - light ones - on the plane.I get up to go and check on the team, but decide, "They're only small bumps. And this is bound to happen. No big deal." So instead, I go in search of the bathroom. I find it, just as it always is on regular planes, next to one of the airplane's main doors. But as I try to fully close the bathroom door, I see that it tugs on the main door... Which starts to open."Ugh!" I say in frustration. "They didn't check the main doors before we took off. Now we are in flight, and we won't be able to close the bathroom door completely. Annoying."
Saturday, July 09, 2011
- A gorgeous and heavenly creature
- A really ugly babe, one whose mother wouldn't even want it.