Pajamas and $50 Omelets?

I took a cab home from yoga tonight (I know... lazy!)... Anyway, when I got out of the cab (across the street from my apartment) I peeked at the menu in the window of Tremont 647.

Tremont 647 is a great little date spot. My husband and I occasionally pop over there last minute on a Friday night for dinner. It's always a nice treat. We've even ventured over there for the Pajama Brunch on the weekends. (We don't wear our pajamas though. We actually shower and get dressed before hand.)

Well, tonight when I was peering at the menu, I noticed a new featured item under the brunch listing:

"$50 Omelet"

(Fifty bucks! Holy shi-at! )

It actually costs $50. It's an omelet with fois gras , shrimp and lobster. Very decadent. And though it sounds totally gourmet; I don't eat shellfish and I don't like fois gras. So I won't be trying it anytime soon when I brunch there.

If anyone tries it, email me and tell me about it. I want to know if it is worth the $50 price tag.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm afraid I couldn't eat this because I'd throw up when the bill came.
thesouthender said…
Hmmmmm. Like the South End isn't already pretentious enough. The sad part is that some yuppified, Uggs-wearing South Enders will actually order this treat. They certainly know their audience and must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Popular Posts