Needed: A Beauty Clean-Up.

Doing this yoga challenge wreaks havoc on my grooming. During a yoga challenge, I usually can't do any of the following:
  • Get a pedicure. Because it would be pointless. The nail polish needs about a day to fully dry and set before you enter a humid room... Otherwise you are susceptible to easy chipping.
  • Wax my eyebrows. Well, I could go get this done. I just don't have time to yet. And it's been about six weeks since my last one. So they are badly in need of waxing.
  • Get a facial. With all the sweating, my skin is keeping clear. But I long for a nice cleaning of it. And you really can't get anything done till you have a day of no excessive sweating.
  • Color my hair. Right now, my hair has grey strands, along with pinkish-blond strands. And it grows like a weed... So quickly! I need a good hair coloring and hair cut. But there's no way I can color my hair... It would bleed right out once I went to my next yoga class. And who wants to have black hair dye on their yoga towel? Eww! (Also to be avoided if you do Bikram - spray tans. A girl in one of the NYC classes I took over labor day had her towel COVERED in spray tan coloring. Eww!)
  • Get a massage. I could do this during the challenge. But it's actually how I reward myself at the end of a challenge.
So I am going to book major appointments for the Saturday afternoon that I finish my challenge. I am getting all of the above!

Comments

Popular Posts