Dreams: Elevator Ride.

First dream analysis of the year!

Last night, I found myself drifting off in my huge bed all alone. The Husband was up in Northern Ontario for business. So I got the bed all to myself for the night. And a nice big, warm bed all to myself meant a nice deep sleep. Which meant nocturnal brain activity. A very vivid dream...

I am waiting for an elevator. It arrives and I hop into it. I press the button for my floor. And the elevator doors close. The elevator starts to go very fast. And I realize it didn't stop at my floor. So I quickly hit another button... Number 32... To get it to stop. But it is moving too fast.

"I don't want to go to the top floor!" I say.

But I know that I will have to go all the way to the top, because that is the path the elevator is on... And it frightens me. This is a tall skyscraper. And the elevator opens up to the outside at the top.

When the elevators doors do open, I clutch to a piece of railing on the inside. And the elevator cart moves around the top of the building - in the open - from corner to corner.

Then I wake up.

Elevator - Ascending in an elevator represents rising to a higher level consciousness, status or wealth.
32 - In numerology, if you add the two numbers together, they equal 5. And 5 represents spontaneity and a change in course.
Skyscraper- Creativity and imagination.
Sideways - Represents a need to be more direct in how life is approached.
Scared - Represents self-doubt.

I'm clearly heading in a direction that is successful, but that I am afraid of... And I am not confronting it head-on, as I should be. I keep trying to change my course, but fail each time I try.

Comments

thedancingj said…
Huh. I have had multiple dreams about being on speeding, out-of-control elevators (though I haven't had one in a while now!) How interesting.

Popular Posts