The Devil You Don't Know.

"It's a matter of going with the devil you know versus the one you don't know," someone said to me recently.

I find this a weak logic. 

And likely representative of a dull life. 

I don't - or rarely - do repeats in life of anything that isn't a positive memory or experience.

Which is why I would go for the devil I don't know (with it's unknown possibility of not being a pleasant experience) than something I already have experienced and didn't care for.

This was related to politics.



I mentioned I would be voting "no" on a majority of the county superior court judges. There were things I didn't like about their backgrounds or decisions. 

And even though all of them should have an easy time remaining in their seats... I'd rather get new judges into the seats. 

I like change... 

But keep forgetting that in the real world, away from my online connections who were algorithmically linked to me because of shared views on something, most people are skeptical of change if they can't see or sense that it will be better than what they have.

Regret would thrive in me, if that were the way my thinking worked.

A lot of the devil I didn't know ended up not being devils at all. And pushed me to new ways of living, engaging, thinking...

Everything.

Comments

Popular Posts