Fascia Giggles.

I decided to not open the doors at all, and to keep the heat rolling on both sets of heaters right into the Floor series. 

So the room was perfectly hot and juicy.

And the nine students I had in class were too exhausted to move.

Perfect.

I took a sip of the coffee I'd brought into class with me. I kept it on the shelf at the back of the room. I looked at the room thermometer while grabbing my cup and saw the temperature was at 106 degrees. I walked to the double switches and turn the ones labeled as "Front" off. 

One student has l lifted both hands, and circles them, as if she is releasing her energy from them after the posture. She giggles quietly as she does that. 

And it reminds me of my practice earlier the week. In the second posture of Awkward pose, as always, I start to giggle. 

I slowly rise up onto the balls of my feet, and giggly energy comes out of my mouth. I can't take the posture seriously - it seems. And I have no idea what I am giggling at. I know only that this happens in nearly every class I take, and I just seem to develop a need to release some giggling energy from my fascia.

The Giggly Facia. 

It's common. Not the Giggly Fascia piece... But the body storing up energy and then expressing it at odd times and in odd ways. Students have told me that they sometimes get really angry in some postures... Or very sad in others. Or, like me, overwhelmed by laughter... From a simple backbend, forward ned, or side stretch.

And it's distracting enough for me that when I experience it, I fall out of the posture I am in at the time. 

But I see it as a good thing. Falling out of postures. It means I am confronting whatever that energy is in that moment. I am acknowledging it. And because I have validated its existence, I can move forward.

I may not even notice how I move forward. But I did on some micro scale.

Giggling.

And hopefully not distracting anyone while I did it.

Unlike me with the coffee when I teach... Spilling it as I go in for a few more sips... With the metal cup jumping onto the wood floor.

Something for me to giggle about later. Maybe while practicing.

Comments

Popular Posts