The Simple & Awesome Menopause Smoothie.

"You need more healthy fats."

It's the same guidance I get every year from a medical professional. My bad cholesterol is in good shape. But I need more of the good cholesterol. 

I need more of the healthy fats.

And I loathe salmon. And other fatty fishes.

Add to the need for fat a never-ceasing need for fiber...

The joys of being menopausal-ish.

"I'll just eat flax seeds and chia seeds."

But that never works. Anything I put them in turns to a think sludge that looks and tastes like cement.

And getting enough protein has always been a struggle. 

So now, I just dump all of these things into a blender and call it my "Menopause Smoothie."

This smoothie is a powerhouse when it comes to nutrients...

  • 21 out of the 25 daily grams of fiber
  • 66 grams of protein
  • Only 3 grams of sugar
  • And healthy fats

It's a peanut butter and strawberry magical elixir! And not just good for people in peri or full menopause. This is good for anyone at anytime.


INGREDIENTS

  • One 11 ounce carton of Muscle Milk (Ideally the Advance Protein one in Slammin' Strawberry)
  • One tablespoon of chia seeds
  • Two tablespoons of whole Flax seed
  • Two scoops of Marine Collagen (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
  • Two tablespoons of PB2 powder

I blend for a full minute, just to ensure all of the seeds are obliterated.

You. Are. Welcome.

Comments

Popular Posts