I'm In My Villain Era. (Finally?)

 "No, bitch. You've been in it for decades."

That's what I imagine some might think. I don't know who. But I have always allowed space for that negativity towards me to exist somewhere out in the Universe. 

Because, as I am learning, I seem to be missing the internal "self hate" function. 

I've never said anything mean to myself. You know, like...

"You're so stupid."

"You're dumb. I hate you."

"Why the fuck did you do that - are you insane?"

Similarly, I've not really ever tolerated anyone saying or intimating those things to me. I learned at an early age to hit full stop on those people or to ghost them. And if for some reason I had to tolerate their presence for a while... I didn't really look back after I did vacate.

I am a bitch when warranted. But I love it. 

So maybe I have always been in my "villain era"?


My new aesthetic.

And now I am ready to fully own it. Outwardly, that is. Emotionally. Verbally. Physically. 

Not just mentally. 

More direct. (Can you imagine?) Less working so hard to accommodate everyone's missteps. Less extension of my time and energy for others. 

Respecting my own boundaries.

I'm ready to really thrive in my "villain era."

Comments

Popular Posts