Becoming Barry's Bitch.

Every morning, when in NYC, I roll out of bed ad peek out of the blackout drapes in my bedroom. I look across the way into the apartment opposite of me on my street. Then I look down to the ground level.  That's when I usually spot a ton of people crowded in a small reception area at the gym.

Well, it's not so much a gym.  It's actually a studio.  A studio where people take classes of pure torture.  Torture for the ass, arms, abs, thighs, shoulders...  Barry's Bootcamp!

And today, I tried it for the first time.  And it probably won't be the last time.  I really liked the class.

Holy crap is it an intense workout! Treadmill for 15 minutes at various speeds...  Then you hit an aerobic step on the floor with weights in your hands, hopping around and lifting your legs while pumping your arms...  Then the treadmill for 15 minutes... And ending the final 15 minutes back on the floor.

Rough.  And I know I will be sore tomorrow morning.  But I burned a ton of calories and feel very relaxed now.

I am totally on board with being "Barry's Bitch" again later this week.


Comments

Unknown said…
I freaking love weight training to supplement my yoga! Getting stronger and more flexible at the same time? Yes please.
this sounds intense... i'm on my second month of personal training and while i'm getting my ass kicked reading this makes me think maybe i'm not - ha.

Popular Posts