Please Excuse My Absence...

Phew! Two weeks since a post!

My bad.

Someone wrote me asking why I hadn't posted in a while. In my defense, it's been a busy month and a half. And about to get busier. Why?

I took a job.

Yes. Something came along, and it was difficult to turn it down. It's been about 10 months since I worked in an actual office, and not at home. And it's been six months since I left my full time corporate job to take a break. But a lot has happened in these six months. And I was itching to get back to a day job.

I start next week. The role is non-agency (after four years, I needed a bit of a break from that) and based in downtown Boston. I'll be the head of digital media for a consumer goods company. And it's a bit of a quirky company, which intrigued me. Is it as glamorous as my agency job? No.  But what I've learned in the past four years is that "glamour" is a lot of work. Which is fine... But only when all parties pull their weight. :)

Anyway...

I've been busy in the past few weeks finishing up freelance stuff, interviewing for this role I decided upon, and vacationing with my family in the mountains of Arizona. Plus, I'm in Toronto this whole week to tidy up some things before I start next week.

Oh... And there's other stuff going on that I am not at liberty to write about just yet. (Wish I could.)

But next week I am hoping the new schedule will help me prioritize things better, including the time I set aside for writing. I'm excited for the new role. And excited to finalize some other things in my life too.

Comments

Popular Posts