Bucket List: 52 Weeks. 52 Destinations.

"What would you do if you had no job and didn't have to worry about money?"

I've asked myself that question a lot over the past month. As I immerse myself more and more into my job - with this week being the busiest I have been so far - I'm already dreaming about a vacation. But there are so many places I want to see and go to. Which led me to daydream about all the places I could go to and see if I didn't have the responsibility of a job and worrying about an income...

So while on a conference call at home, I made a list on my blackboard wall. I decided that if I ever have the opportunity (and the money), I will take a year off and explore 52 cities in 52 weeks. One new city each week... Delving into the culture and the scene for roughly five to six days.


The above was my first go at the list. I don't have a full 52 cities flushed out. But I know, for example, that I want to visit at least three different cities in India - but not sure exactly where. And there are a few cities in the states that I would want to explore as well.

I'm sure this list will continually evolve as I learn about other cities that friends have visited and feel I must go see.

Will I ever get to see them? Who knows. But taking a year off and traveling nonstop... That would be one of my dreams.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great idea, and great list! I've spent time in more than half of those places, all of which I'd return to in a heartbeat...especially Bali. Vancouver is also a pretty fabulous place to spend some time:)

Popular Posts