Burgers & A 30 Year-Old Wine.

Some people buy wine as investment. And I totally support that... But I actually buy wine with the intention to drink it eventually. 

I've gone through a few of the newer bottles from my collection I bought in Bordeaux. But tonight - in celebration of my sister's 30th birthday - we opened a 1985 red from Chateau La Fleur-Petrus.


I originally wanted to have it with Taco Bell. It's a pricey bottle of wine, and I thought the contrast between the developed and expensive wine with cheap and awesome fast food would be good.  But we decided to switch it to burgers at the last second.

I was nervous top open it. It's an old bottle. I peeled the seal off...


And plunged the corkscrew into it. It was very soft.  I did manage to get the cork out without fully breaking it...


But yes, it did crack.  But none fell into the bottle.

We poured it and enjoyed our In-n-Out burgers...


It was smooth. A delicious vintage. Red, my sister, liked it.

And check out the sediment...


Love, love, love.

Comments

Popular Posts