Late Night Plunking.

"Plunk. Plunk. Plunk."

I was pulled out of my deep sleep.  It was dark in my room. The plunking sound reminded me of water dropping from a faucet.

"Plunk. Plunk. Plunk."

I sat up in bed. The medicine my doctor had prescribed me for anxiety had finally kicked in, which was explaining the crazy dream I from which I was pulled.  I got up and stumbled out of bed to the bathroom - where the sound was echoing from.

Without even turning on the light, my eyes adjusted to the darkness and notices a massive bubble in the ceiling. 

I switched the light on and saw it in its full glory.

I ran downstairs, got a bowl form the cupboard, and brought it back upstairs.

Then I climbed up on a step stool and scissored a larger opening in the bubble...


And a lovely puddle of water washed out into the bowl.


I was able to deduce, in the middle-of-the-night sleepy stupor that it wasn't a roof leak. (It hasn't really rained recently!) But I had recently used the AC. Which meant this could be an issue where condensation from the AC unit was getting trapped in the ceiling.

Good times. Expensive times.


Comments

Popular Posts