Aperitivo: Coconut Italian Cream Soda

Drinking hasn't really ever been a thing for me. 

I didn't get drunk for the first time till I was nearly 22. And it was on Midori Sours. 

I haven't touched one in 24 years, and have no plans to in the future.

But every year when I do the first quarter dry, it's never a challenge for me. Because I will always be the person who pours themselves a glass of wine, takes a sip and puts the drink down somewhere... And then forgets all about it. Only to find the glass a day or two later on some random shelf in my library or on a table I don't use often.

The idea of Aperitivo (a pre-supper drink) is charming to me. I'd like to say I sit down and have a drink after logging off from my computer, and relax. But it never happens. My ADHD kicks in and I get distracted with something I am reading... A song playing on the speakers in my house... Or my pup.

Lately I have been indulging in mocktail-ish libations instead of alcohol... Cans of Poppi have been a treat. But my favorite is the Italian Cream Soda...


A creamy effervescent drink. This one is coconut flavored. And it was perfection.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 can soda water or sparkling water
  • 1 ounce of flavored syrup (I used a sugar free coconut syrup from Torani, but you can use any flavor)
  • 1/2 ounce of half and half or some kind of creamer
You pour it all in a glass over ice, stir, and sip.

Tomorrow, April 1st - when Dry Quarter ends, I may make it again. But add vodka to it.

Or not. 

Alcohol slows me down and drains me. I'd rather have a good night's sleep than do that to my body.

Comments

Popular Posts