A Petition To Save Newton "Train Station" Starbucks.

It is official... Starbucks announced that one of the Massachusetts Starbucks closing will be the Train Station location in Newton Center.

The creator of the petition, Denis Goodwin, started an online petition to save the Train Station location and, instead, close the one on Center Street (which is the newer and smaller location).

He also has some words for Howard Schultz, chief executive of Starbucks...

"Mr Shultz, please be advised that I will NEVER spend a dollar at the Center Street location, nor any other Starbucks for that matter. There is a Peets Coffee and Tea location in Newton Center as well, and they will be getting my daily business going forward if you proceed with this closing."

Right on! To me, it doesn't make sense that they would close the more popular location. I guess, since it is bigger, it costs more money to run... But it makes me wonder...

For many years, I have seen Starbucks as the kind of place you go to to sit down, have coffee and relax. If Starbucks is closing some of the bigger locations, do they realize they will be eff-ing with the way many people have grown to like Starbucks in the first place? I mean, let's face it...

The coffee at Starbucks isn't the best. But it's stronger than Dunkin Donuts. And Starbucks are very convenient to find and get to... But if I can't sit down, bust out a book or hack away on my laptop... What's the point?

I'll just go to Peet's in Downtown... Or The Buttery in the South End. Starbucks has the ambiance thing going for it. You take that away... All you got is shit-tastic coffee and stale pastries.

Comments

That Girl! said…
I've never been to Starbucks in Newton Center nor do I make it out to Starbucks a lot. But I will say that if it's Starbucks that is getting rid of the cuter, nice space, maybe we should let them. Perhaps a really great local and independent bakery or coffee shop will open there instead. IMHO, it's a great thing to support local ;)

Popular Posts