Starbucks Closing In Newton?

I was reading an article online about the expected closings for specific Starbucks stores across the country.

So far, the only one in the area that is alleged to be closing is this one...



Not sure how accurate it is. And I'm wondering how many closings we will see around here.

Since I live in Boston, the Starbucks I frequent are always quite busy. The one on Tremont Street occasionally has people lined up outside of it at 5:45 am, when it opens on weekdays. And despite having multiple locations in Downtown Crossing, I can't see any of those closing either... As there is always a line at each of them.

Comments

Wow - that would be very surprising!

That particular Starbucks is located in the old Newton Center train station, so it's one of the more unique Starbucks I've ever seen in terms of exterior look and interior decor. I always feel like I'm in a ski lodge or gingerbread house since the entire structure is wooden. It's a great, warm, and homey place to stop and get a coffee, and it's right next to the D train, making it very convenient for commuters.

There is another, smaller Starbucks a mere 150 yards away which may explain the choice in closure if the stores are siphoning sales from one another. Judging from the long lines at each, I find it hard to believe that is the case, but perhaps the cost of operating these two separate locations is not justifiable.

Either way, it's a great location that I hope is put to good use if Starbucks leaves!
cvnvbvnc said…
that's the one they're planning to close.

I've started an online petition at http://savemystarbucks.com

the Centre Street location is horrible compared to the old train station location.....
cvnvbvnc said…
that's the one they're planning to close.

I've started an online petition at http://savemystarbucks.com

the Centre Street location is horrible compared to the old train station location.....

Popular Posts