Day 17: I Feel My Progress.

Day 17 is done! That means less than two weeks left of the challenge... YAY!

It was a tough class tonight, but I made it through the entire class without stopping. And my Standing Bow pose was pretty decent tonight. I can feel minute changes in my body on a daily basis as well... Things others might not notice, but I do. Like...
  • How I stand. It feels very natural now to stand with my legs next to each other, with a tight butt. When I stand still in class, that is just how my body naturally rests.
  • My hips are opening up. Especially my left one. For about 21 years of my life (since the age of 6), I always tumbled and stretched with my left leg in front. Cartwheels, splits, kicks... I always moved my left leg in front first. This meant my right hip flexor was getting the deeper stretch over my left one. Well, for the past four years I have been working to correct that, and work my left hip flexor deeper. And poses like Standing Bow and Floor Bow are improving, little by little.
  • My ass muscles are helping me stabilize poses much more efficiently. Strong ass - woohoo!
As I wrote earlier today, "I am responsible for my practice." So it's up to me to realize my progress, and not others.

I can't wait to feel tomorrow's progress.

Comments

Popular Posts