Day 15: "Collective Energy."

Another juicy class! But what can you expect when it's 90 degrees outside, and there are 30 people in a small studio?

As Miss J. (a fellow practitioner) would say... "We were ice skating!"

Seriously, the carpeting was so slick from sweat and humidity that it was tough keeping your feet in one place during Triangle pose. It took some serious thigh strength to keep things in place. SERIOUS THIGH STRENGTH!!!!

Overall, it was a good class though. As the teacher said in class, "Utilize the collective energy from everyone in the room to get through."

This is why I prefer a fuller class over an empty class... I practice better when I am surrounded by others.

Also, today, there was a bit of a break-through with Toe Stand. I went all the way down in the pose, instead of just hanging around in the early stage of the pose. This allowed me a deep stretch in the sore ass muscles I have currently. It's nice to see progress.

Day 16 tomorrow morning!

Comments

Tiger said…
Over 100 classes and I still can't do toe stand. Drives me crazy!

Think I could trouble you to add a link to (or your profile/interview at) http://www.bikramfinder.com, the new social network for hot yoga fans?

Think your experiences/passion would add value to the community & who knows, maybe even win some new converts to Bikram Yoga...
Me said…
Sure, no problem.
Kitty said…
Congrats! I love those little breakthrough days, they're the best.

Popular Posts