Goddess Yoga Towels.

For the past three and a half years I have been using the Yogitoes yoga towels in my Bikram practice.

The studio I practice at actually gives students two towels with each class to use for their practice (or to shower afterward). I occasionally will take one towel, just to wipe down after class. But I rarely use them in class to practice. I've always preferred to use my colorful Yogitoes towels. I have one in red, blue, purple and indigo. It's nice to be able to meditate on a color during yoga.

They stay in perfect shape forever. I've never had to replace one yet. And they have traction underneath them, so they stick to your mat really well. So there's no sliding around on your sweaty mat. One, because of the traction... And two, because your mat doesn't actually get that sweaty when you use these.

Now, even though my four towels are still in perfect shape (no fraying and still very colorful), I find myself craving two new Yogitoes towels. Why? Well, because I have just now discovered (thanks to Bex) that they come with Goddesses on them!

Goddess Lakshmi




Goddess Kali Ma



I like these two particular Goddess towels because they are two Goddesses that turn up frequently when I do a self-reading.

Lakshmi is the Goddess prosperity and fortune. Her aim is to bring happiness and fulfillment to us... But that happiness and fulfillment has to be accompanied by spirituality and accomplishment in order to last. She she helps us find spiritual happiness.

Kali is the Goddess of "new beginnings." She is the Goddess that helps you move away from what is old and stale and onto new energy. She also helps with the cycles of birth, death and rebirth. Her basic message to you is, "To move forward, you have to let go of the past."

I don't know that I'll get the towels, as I certainly don't need them. But they are very appropriate for a yoga practice.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I saw some at CitySports yesterday (not sure if they were the goddess ones) and I think I am going to grab one (or two..) today!
Anonymous said…
i ordered both of these without remembering that you mentioned these specifically...i just read about the two goddesses and like those best :)
Vanessa said…
Those are awesome! I may have to get one (or two!).
thedancingj said…
Well you could always just grab a sharpie and draw a goddess on scooby... if you REALLY want one... I could even do it FOR you!! I am work-study, I have power... it would not be the first time I have graffiti-ed a yoga mat!!!
Me said…
LOL! Oh how funny, J!

It would be hilarious to come in and find one's yoga mat randomly "tagged" by graffiti bandits!

Popular Posts