Finally! SOMETHING Is On TV!

SPOILER ALERT!

DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS WEEK'S EPISODE OF PROJECT RUNWAY AND DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED AS TO WHO LOSES.

Lately, there are weeks where I don't watch more than a few minutes of TV lately. Between having movies and TV shows on my laptop I can access, I just don't have time for TV's selection.

Here's the problem... All the shows I do watch on TV are on Summer hiatus currently. (LOST, Gossip Girl, 30 Rock, House, Office, Ugly Betty...) And all that's really on TV right now, other than re-runs, are bad reality shows and game shows.

I'm sorry... But I just can't get jazzed about whether or not some thinks "They Can Dance." And I don't care is someone thinks "They Are Smarter Than A Fifth Grader." And I really detest all the reality TV crap VH1 and MTV have been spitting out. It's just trash. None of these people have interesting lives. All they have is drama, 75% of which they create themselves.

So you can imagine my delight when, last night, something I love came back on TV... Project Runway.

Sure, Project Runway is reality TV... But it's with truly talented people. People who are under a lot of stress perform. And what they churn out in their performance is amazing... Or, often awful. But you get to see their process for their creation. And it's amazing to get to see the finished project and whether or not it lived up to their vision.

This fifth season of Project Runway came about with nearly no fanfare. Bravo didn't run its usual type promos like in seasons past. And, at least to my knowledge, there were no print ads anywhere. (Usually I see them in the fashion magazines I read.)

This, from whispers on the Internet are saying, is because Bravo is retaliating against the production company that puts Project Runway together. Bravo was peeved that the company is moving the show to Lifetime for the sixth season. So they just decided not to promote it in the usual way.

Shame on them.

I can understand them being bitter... But this season's cast is very promising.

In fact, I already have one person I can not stand...

BLAYNE!!!!

Did you see his creation last night?

And the way he carries himself... So much ego!

And I'm sorry, I really feel like he was/is on crystal meth, coke or crack. The way he kept sniffing... And the way he looks... It reminds me of people in high school whom I knew to be druggies.

Ultimately, I am glad Jerry got kicked off though. I do not know what he was thinking with the raincoat and cape.



How could he think he could get away with using a shower curtain? He did deserve to go.

One final note... As I am writing this post, I am of course perusing the Bravo website... And I notice that there are very few surprises in terms of what's to come in this season... I mean, they've already got every episode and it's description listed on the site for this season. WTF???

FYI, next week, Natalie Portman is the guest judge. And it'll be a "green" challenge.

Thanks Bravo, for being assholes. If I knew any of you, I would kick your ass.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Heidi was on the Today Show and Matt asked her about current legal rangling over PR's possible move to Lifetime. PR's producers are making the move, and NBC is trying to stop it. Can you blame them? Of course, Heidi feigned ignorance. Catwalk? Yes. Acting? No.

Popular Posts