"Look Busy... Jesus Is Coming."

I realized something recently...

As of today, I have worked at my current job longer than I worked at my last agency (known as "Agency 2").... Which I left in October 2006. As of the end of this month, I will have worked longer at my current job than I did at the agency before the last one (known as "Agency 1").

Time really flies by. I still enjoy my current job a lot. And (knock on wood) I am so mighty grateful that I no longer work the shit-hole agency life...Which consisted of the following:

Agency 1
Incarceration Time: 1 year, six months
Sitting around. Not doing anything. When attempts were made to do things, I was told I was being "too proactive" and people were starting to wonder why I was getting things done so quickly and efficiently. Plus, this particular SEO firm was quite sexist. (In mine and a lot of other people's opinions.) So I knew I wouldn't last there in the long term. When I had to fill out time sheet (in the beginning of the job) to document my time, there was a lot of made-up shit on it. Everyone lied on their time cards to make them full. Lucky for them, the clients never caught on to it.

Agency 2
Incarceration Time: 1 year, almost six months
Doing the job of at least five people. When I asked if I could off load some of my work to another part of the team, I was told, "First you have to pick up some of their work in order to off load your current work." I got tired of working 65 hours a week. And I got tired of filling out time cards in 15 minute increments. At one point, I was told I was "putting too much time on my card." And that I could only put "50 hours, max" on it per a week. Again, I lied on my time card. Accounts were staffed ineffectively. But because some of us worked long hours, the clients never caught on... At least at first.

The job that I worked at the longest was the Evil Empire. Two years there. So, if I make it to next February at my current job, I will have broken that record. And that will mean that magic is real. And that Jesus does love me. And maybe I won't burn in hell.

Well, I am sure Jesus loves me... And I will still burn in hell... But I consider it an amazing achievement if I stay at a job a full two years.

It'll be like God wants me to succeed in life.

Comments

Popular Posts