Day 10: "This Or Something Better."

In an effort to keep my focus during my yoga practice, I often try to recite inspirational sayings over and over in my head.

Tonight's inspirational saying was, "This or something better."

I picked it up from a book I just finished. It means, basically, "Wherever I am now, either keep me here or allow me to progress." Think about it... In Bikram, you're in the room. It feels really hot and you are incredibly sweaty. You're giving your poses your "110%"... You will either stay right where you are (in the room, giving 110%) - and that ain't bad - or you will progress.

So, in even simpler terms, "Either find happiness with where you are now, or move on."

For me, it was a great way to get me to focus and motivate me to lock my legs (aka, "squeeze my ass muscles really, really hard") and go further into my postures.

So I had a good class. A very good class. And tomorrow, I will do "this or something better."

Comments

Vanessa said…
Thanks for the book recommendation. I love Doreen Virtue and bought the book. Can't wait to read it!

Popular Posts