I've Made A Decision...

I will not work for someone else when I move to Toronto.

Well, that may be a bit of a stretch...

I have decided that when I move to Toronto, I will not work a regular 9 to 5 job. Instead, I will allow myself to finally be okay with not having a regular working schedule. For too long, I've been married to the idea that to be successful, one must have a regular job. But so far, while I have been successful, it's not really on the things I am passionate about... At least not right now.

I'm not saying that once I move to Toronto, I won't ever work another 9 to 5 job... It could happen again some day. But that won't be my focus once I move up there. As to what precisely will be my focus, I don't know quite yet. I'm still waiting to get a better sense as to what I should do.

But I will work on my own time. And on the things I want to work. And I will let no one else tell me how to do it.

I think I've earned this privilege.

Comments

Popular Posts