July 4th Formal Attire?

While walking home after dinner the other night, The Husband and I caught site of something really horrible.

It was July the 4th... About 8:30pm. We were walking back from Kenmore Square. We were at the intersection of Mass Ave. and Comm Ave. We saw a gaggle of girls walking towards the Esplanade... Like many at that time of evening.

This gaggle of girls seem to be in jolly spirits. And most of them were dressed in appropriate July 4th attire... Shorts and tanks tops with sneakers or sandals. This is the type of outfit that would be truly comfortable while sitting outside on the grass, in the July weather. However, there was one girl in the gaggle that was completely off...

She was wearing five inch stiletto pumps in bright electric blue and a very, very mini-mini dress. To ass to the site, she was carrying a case of Budlight bottles. My husband and I stared at her...

"What is she thinking?" I said to him. "How can she possibly be comfortable?"

"She's probably just trying to have a good time," said The Husband. (Honestly though, he knows nothing about fashion.) "She probably wants to me some guys."

"No, no, no, " I said to him. I went on to explain, "This is not what one wears to a casual July 4th outing on the Esplanade. One dresses for comfort first, and tries to incorporate in their own style."

I went on to add, "Also... Any girl who dresses up like that damn well better have the sense to find a guy to carry that Budlight for her. I mean, you get all dressed up, and you have to carry it yourself? No. No. No. You find someone to carry it for you. Otherwise, what's the point of dressing up like that?"

Really.. Did this girl have no self-respect?

Harsh as that may be... I just didn't think it was a good look on the girl. I mean... It's a look Gwyneth Paltrow can pull off in a magazine or at an event...



But on a casual celebration day like July the 4th... One goes casual. Unless one is invited to a very fancy party. And then, Budlight is usually not served. The beer is usually upgraded to an import.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Really, what do you care? Jealous enough to write a whole entry about this girl?

Pathetic. Are you some style expert? Clearly not, from the choices you've displayed on your blog.
Me said…
Clearly, asshole, you are opinionated enough to leave a comment, but not brave enough to at least make up a name to post the comment under?

I don't think I'm the one lacking style...

Perhaps you should take a look in the mirror, and stop hating your self so much that you have to troll the blog world leaving "Anonymous" nasty comments.
nancy said…
There's one in every crowd -- your anonymous poster and that chicky. Honestly! Didn't we all grow up and have a bunch of friends - one of whom was the bunches idiot (usually a girl!) and one of whom was the asshole (anonymous).

You know more about fashion than most. And you aren't tacky about it.

I'm a SAHM mostly and roll around with a 4 year old. I enjoy reading your posts because it reminds me of my former "me"!

Keep up the good works!
Anonymous said…
Oh, how I wish that I could post pics of some of the guests in attendance at the July 4th wedding extravaganza. Never in my 32 years have I witnessed so many size 12 girls in size 8 brilliant blue tube dresses (sans bra) adorned with regal red baubles and white stilleto sandals to showcase their American flag airbrushed pedicures. And, I shit you not, those were the BRIDESMAIDS!

But I was probably just jealous...
Me said…
Kimberley...

That is the meanest bride ever. OMG!
My friend Alexa is likely going to be the first of our group to get married, and she is SUPER patriotic to the point of defining herself by her patriotism. And her favorite colors are red and blue. This is just the kind of thing that we fear! We've been pushing her to go with plain red gowns....
Yup said…
Ah, it looks like she accomplished what she set out to do. Get everyone's attention. Bad or good, she probably didn't care so long as people were looking.

And I agree with you on the beer tip. Although, the next best thing would have been if she had been carrying Natty-Ice.

How big was her hair?
Me said…
LOL!

You know, I didn't even get to her hair... I was too shocked by the highest of heels and the shortest of dresses. The thing barely covered her ass. And she was clopping her feet in the heels while carrying the beer case.

I'm such a "guy"! I totally got distracted by the outfit and ass that I didn't even let my eyes travel beyond that.

Popular Posts