Where I Was At 24...

Today's is Miss Jenn's B-day. She writes the stellar Free and Flawed blog out of Chicago. And she is now 24.

Happy B-day, Jenn!

This got me thinking though, as to where I was at when I was 24...
  • Living: In Brooklyn, sharing a two-bedroom with an assistant photo editor from Saveur Magazine. He had two cats that loved to puke in random places. But he was a good roommate. He could cook.
  • Career: Working two jobs. One during the week in public relations... And the other as a bridal consultant for the Evil Empire at a townhouse on the Upper East Side, on the weekends.
  • Relationships: Two months prior, I had just met my future husband. So the relationship was still new. We weren't even spending the night at each other's places yet.
  • Happiness Level: Smitten with life. I had up and moved myself to NYC (with some furniture-shipping help from the parents), and I was doing well in the new city. I had a circle of friends that I was close to... And we were about to embark on a Spring & Summer season of life in the city. I had spend one Summer in NYC already, so I was seasoned in life in the city. I knew where to find free things to do... The restaurants and clubs to go to that I could afford... I was very busy between my two jobs, but it was the way to live.
I wouldn't change 24 for anything. Jenn, I hope this year brings the same type of feelings for you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for all of the link and birthday love :)

It seems like you were pretty well put together when you were 24. I feel far behind, but I'm okay with that...I think haha!

Hope you're having a great day!
Me said…
You're not behind Jenn... You're right where you need to be, as long as you are happy.
Anonymous said…
That I am :) Thank you again!

Popular Posts