Surprisingly, It's Much Easier To Get Into Canada.

So, it's T-minus 10 months till I move to America's hat, Canada. Specifically, Toronto.

And since I am not a citizen of the northern country, I am now finding myself in the opposite of The Husband's current position: Obtaining a Visa.

As you may know, The Husband and I recently filed his permanent application for Greencard residency. The U.S. is making us jump through plenty of ridiculous hoops to finalize the Greencard process. But since we still have another 10 months here, we can't stop the Greencard process and say to the U.S., "Hey! Nevermind! We're moving!" We can't do that because then they would just ask The Husband to leave now... And that would mess up the schedule of everything.

Anyhoo... Even though we're almost done with the Greencard process here, we are also in the process of working with immigration in Canada to get me a spousal Visa before we move there. And you know what??? It's WAAAAY easier!

I guess I should be too shocked. Apparently, with a spousal Visa, I don't have to renew it. Which also makes things easier.

U.S Government, I know you'll miss the income tax we pay each year... Maybe you should make things easier for Canadians who want to work in America and do jobs Americans can't do (because they are Canadian jobs based in America).

Comments

Dan said…
O Canada. Our home and native land. True patriot love in all thy sons command.
Vanessa said…
Somehow this doesn't surprise me. America screws up paperwork in the worst way. We should take a more than a few lessons from Canada.

Popular Posts