Day 11: Girl Power!

I was able to take off from work this afternoon way early. The big-big boss came by and told us all we could leave at about 1pm. Yesterday when I asked the big boss (who is one step below the big-big boss and one step above Mr. Sportz) if we could leave early today for the holiday weekend, he said...

"Sure, you can leave early. Just make sure you take everything from your desk with you. And leave your laptop."

He has a cruel, very cruel sense of humor.

But we were allowed to leave early today, which meant I could venture out to Harvard Square for the afternoon class. Now, I haven't been the Harvard Square studio in nearly a year. And when I got there, I was surprised to see they still had my old yoga mat in the storage tubes. It's a very old yoga mat, nearly five years old. And I decided it had to go. Plus, I had brought another yoga mat with me, so I didn't need the old mat anymore.

But it was nice to see that they had never tossed it, and had passive hopes that I would return to the HS studio one day.

I definitely get a different practice in the HS studio than the Boston studio. The HS studio is much larger than the Boston one. And the carpeting isn't as padded underneath your feet. So your toes can grip the floor much better in the lunging poses. (In Boston, I slide around a lot on that carpet!) My HS Bikram practice is much cleaner than my Boston one. In Boston, I have to try really hard to focus. In Harvard Square, it's easier to focus. Perhaps it's because you're usually not so close together?

Anyhoo... Other than the practice being very good for me today, we had an oddity in the HS 3:30pm class...

It was all girls!

Woohoo! Girl power!

Don't know why that happened. It is rare though. But awesome for the ladies! Instead of taking off from work early and going out for cocktails, we went and kicked our own asses in a Bikram class.

Way to go chicas!

Day 11 is done. Day 12 tomorrow. At high noon.

Comments

Popular Posts