Day 19: Killing Myself For Two Men.

Today was a bit of a suicide day.

It started with me heading to the 9am class for Bikram. I walked the mile and a half there, and was the first person on the sign-up sheet. (That always worries me, but I knew many more people would come since it was Saturday.) I went into the room and laid out my mat and towel. As I was laying down, I felt sweat dripping off my body.

"It's gonna be a really juicy class," I told myself.

And it was. It was a killer class. Hot. Sweaty. But the postures were much stronger and continue to feel more natural.

After class, I walked the mile and a half back home. I changed clothes... And then headed to the gym to workout with my trainer, Shane.

The Husband came with me to the gym, as he wanted to hit the cardio equipment while I trained. I introduced him to the new trainer, and he told him "Go ahead and beat her up today."

Ouch! The Husband telling the trainer to work me over!?!?! Did he NOT recall that I had just finished 90 minutes of hot yoga???

The training session was, indeed, killer. We did various rows to work the back. And so many various lunges and squats. And planks and bicycles. Oh, and a couple of bridge-up thingies to work my ass even more.

My poor, poor ass. It's gonna be in pain tomorrow.

But dizamn! Great workout day. All in all, it was about 3.5 hours of exercising. And I feel great now that it is over.

Comments

Andrew said…
Bravo on double workout! very inspirational.

Be careful with bikram: getting that hot gives your body a false sense of limberness that can (and often does) cause injury. Hatha can build major strength, too :-)
Me said…
Thanks!

I've been practicing Bikram for about 4 years, off and on. I am pretty secure in my flexibility.
Anonymous said…
This is somewhat unrelated to this post, but I thought that you might be interested...I was in Toronto on business last week and stayed with my sister-in-law. She took me to her gym - the Yorkville Club (or the Club at Yorkville maybe?). It was 'wicked' nice and very nearby a Whole Foods. You should definitely check it out.
Anonymous said…
Ooops that Anonymous post was me.
Me said…
LOL! Kimberley! How funny!

That is actually the EXACT gym and Whole Foods we were looking at when we were in Toronto a year ago!

It's near the neighborhood called The Annex, which is also near Yorkville.

There's also a Bikram studio two subway stops away... And a Taco Bell not too far away.

I will be in HEAVEN!

Popular Posts