"You Are Responsible For Your Own Practice."

I am still trying to decide whether or not I will be going to Acapulco in September for the Advanced Bikram Yoga seminar. It sounds like it would be extremely productive, informative and fun. But first, I want to finish out this current 30-day challenge to see how I feel.

So I won't be making any final decisions until the end of July, probably.

But in the meantime, I did email the event coordinator to get a sense as to what kind of practice one should have prior to attending the seminar. I told her how long I had been practicing... how many 30-day challenges I had done... She wrote back that the seminar isn't just for teacher-level practitioners, and that it is "for anybody."

She followed that up with, "You are responsible for your own practice." So basically, if I think I am ready, they will permit me to attend.

So now I just need to decide if I am ready, and if I am prepared to fork out the cash for the flight to Acapulco. Cuz, it ain't cheap.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you taken advanced at your home studio/s?

Usually it's off the schedule.. invitation only...students w/ strong practices, teachers and aspiring teachers...but it might be worth mentioning to the director that you're interested in the Acapulco seminar and would like to try it out first....then decide if you want to spend the money .

Advanced series is a whole other can of worms but A LOT of fun to learn/practice!!!!
thedancingj said…
Agree with above comment...

If you DO you I will be super jealous and you will have to post pictures and a detailed report. :-D

J :)
Me said…
I would say it is only a 50-50 chance I will actually go to the one in Acapulco. But yeah, doing an advanced class before I decide, to get a better sense of what to expect, would be a good idea.

Popular Posts