Day 30: Let The Healing Begin!

Okay...

So I am now done with my 30-Day Bikram Yoga Challenge. And I won't lie, tonight was one of my worst classes from the entire challenge. For some reason, my body insisted on running much hotter than usual. Don't know why... But with many postures, it just felt like my body was moving through molasses to get into positioning.

But tomorrow is a new day (or rather, Friday is a new day... Which is when I'll be in class next.) And I can now begin "healing" my body rather than focusing on getting all the major blocks and toxins out of it.

These 30-Day challenges are great for getting your body ready to begin healing itself. You spend 90 minutes a day, for 30 consecutive days, preparing your body... Loosening it up... Learning proper strength techniques and to focus your mind... So now, at the end of the 30 days, you are prepared to establish a regular practice and can begin allowing your body to really heal itself.

This was my fourth 30-Day challenge in 20 months. A lot of my postures have come along way in the past two years... Believe it or not. Some haven't progressed much though, and it's okay.

After all, it is a "lifetime practice." Et, Rome n'a pas été construite dans un jour.

So it will take much more time. But at least now I have a good foundation on which to renew a solid practice.

Comments

BFW (Tammy) said…
Congrats, congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!! SO impressive!!!!
Congratulations on making it through!
Anonymous said…
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

Congrats!!!!
Frogger said…
Congratulations!
Kathy said…
Congrats!! I have always wanted to try yoga.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! I really enjoyed reading your blog. I finished my first 30 day challenge last month and have continued a regular practice. It's never easy but I am enjoying it so much!

I blogged about my 30 day challenge - if you're interested: http://bloodsweatntears.wordpress.com/category/bikram-30-day-challenge/

Popular Posts