Current Craving: Aurelia Gladiator FitFlops.

Loving shoes will never be something I stop doing. Especially if I manage to find shoes that not only look good, but are good for me too.

I was over at Net-a-Porter just now and came across these...



The Aurelia Gladiator FitFlops!

I only recently had heard about FitFlops... And they sound very appealing to me, as I am in need of shoes with better arch support. Additionally, FitFlops are designed to make your legs work harder so that they tone more easily.

I am so buying a pair right NOW!

UPDATE:
So, The Husband read this posting... And he is NOT happy. He apparently finds these shoes to be so incredibly vile that he has offered me $150 to NOT buy them. No, I'm not taking the money. But I am also not going to get them. Apparently, FitFlops are actually not all the claim to be. And the cost doesn't quite justify the risk. If they were about $100 cheaper, I would totally get them. And, not that I care what he thinks when it comes to fashion, if The Husband wasn't so vehemently opposed to them, I would also think about actually pressing "submit" on the order.

Comments

Vanessa said…
I blogged about the Fit Flop, tried it at the store and didn't love them. I never got the muscle twitch reflex they promise. I went with the MBT sandals instead and love them.
Me said…
Hmm.. Good to know, Vanessa.

The Husband just came in here and told me, "Please do not get those sandals. I will pay you $150 to not get them."

And honestly, if he is going to mock me for wearing them, I think I may forgo getting them.

Sometimes, dealing with him is just not worth the effort.
Chris Gilfoy said…
Hello!

Chris from FitFlop Ltd here. Just dropping because I read your post and wondered what you meant when you said there was a risk?

Vanessa: it'll take more than a walk around the store to get the increased muscle activation the FitFlops give you! We recommend you wear them for a couple of hours max on the first day of wearing so as not to strain your legs. After a week or so you can wear them all the time. People have reported tighter bums and thighs after just a day, but it's usually about a week when people really go mad for them.

Anyway, I suggest you check out www.thefitflop.com/why for our user reviews section - as you'll see, it's totally uncensored and we publish every review we get.

The Aurelia is our high fashion model, we also have loads of other styles starting at $49.99. This winter we're launching a clog a super cute mini-boot as well, so it's not just summer shoes.

Have a great day - hope you don't mind me dropping by!

Chris, FitFlop Ltd
Anonymous said…
Oh I want some! Not the sort that makes you fit, but i like the design of them. Are people going to stop talking to me? Maybe they'll offer me $150 too..
Vanessa said…
Chris found me and contacted by email with the same basic info on the Fit Flop. They also linked me in the Fit Flop site even though I never bought a pair. I love my MBT sandals and from the first 30 minutes or so I had them on, I could feel the muscles working. They are more expensive than the Fit Flop (I paid $270) but to me they are worth it. Also? I hear you on sometimes dealing with the husband is not worth the effort! Have fun shoe shopping!
Chris Gilfoy said…
Hi Vanessa,

Sorry, I'm a little confused! Where do you think we have linked to you on our site?

Also, I don't recall posting on your blog. Are you sure it was the same Chris?

Hope you're well!

Chris

Popular Posts