Long Lines For The New iPhone In Downtown.

I wish my new cell phone was working... I would be able to take a picture of the madness.

I walked past two at&t stores on the way into work this mornings. Both had lines at least 35 people deep at 8am... All waiting to get their hand on the new iPhone 3G.



And who can blame them? The thing has gotten some seriously kick ass reviews.

I do think, however, that most of these people will be very disappointed. I think many of them will not be able to get score one today. I doubt either store is going to have enough in stock to meet the demands of the line.

I could be wrong though. Good luck to them!

Comments

Anonymous said…
One of my co-workers just said that apparently there was some mix-up with FedEx and the AT&T stores in downtown only got 20 iPhones each!

He was #24 in line and had to order one (for delivery in a week).
Me said…
Oh good grief!

Though, I am skeptical that they are saying it was a "FedEx" mix-up. My feelings are that they knew they were only going to get about 20 each... That's what happened in June 2007 with the first generation of the iPhone. Each store only got a few to actually sell. They took orders for the rest.

As long as he gets one soon... Lucky him.

Popular Posts