Cuil Is For Republicans. And That Ain't "Cool."

So... If you aren't one of the lucky thousands of people in Boston who work in the Internet marketing field, this may not be of interest to you.

Earlier this week, a bunch of former Google employees launched a very shitty product spelled Cuil but pronounced "cool."



It's a new search engine. And it was hyped as being the "Google-Killer." The PR was great. Buzz was fantastic. But as soon as people logged on and started doing searches, the trashing began.

A vanity search for my own name turned up one of my friend's Facebook pages. And when I search for my boss's name, it returns his LinkedIn profile with a picture of some random guy next to it. Why? I have no idea. Whatever algorithm this engine is using is stupid. It's not sophisticated. And what's more, it appears that the engine is Republican.

When I went to search for the notorious "miserable failure" it turned up (in the first result) Michael Moore's homepage.



So that's two reason not to use Cuil...
  1. It's for Republicans
  2. And the search results are shit-tastic.

Comments

Kitty said…
Thanks for the head's up! I will make sure to boycott it. Boo, cuil -- stupid name change-y thing anyway.
shocked said…
and the worst of all this is those suckers who put up 33mil thinking some"ex google employees" will make them rich and famous....hahaha.NOT

Popular Posts