Back To Boston.

I leaked this on Facebook last week... And am ready to share it here.

I am moving back to Boston.

Confused? Yes, I just moved to NYC a year ago. And now Boston? Allow me to explain...

I missed Boston.

I decided about three months ago that I am at a point in my life where I want some familiarity in my life. I want to live in a place where my closest friends are. The Husband wants an easier pace when he comes to visit me in the States. I want to get back into my Bikram practice.

And since I am a big believer of taking your life into your own hands and manifesting what you want... I decided to say out loud, "I want to be back in Boston." 

And the opportunity came forward. Then this week, I went to look for an apartment. And the one I really wanted was the one I got. I signed a lease, and it begins in September.  So in a little over a month, I move back to my old South End neighborhood.


Feels like that weight I was writing about all those weeks ago has truly been lifted. And I am starting to see the light of a life beyond work... Which I haven't had in quite a while.

Comments

Bea said…
I've never been to Boston, sadly, but hear fab things about it. Also, I find it refreshing to read about someone who is actively choosing to leave nyc (as I did)for all the right reasons. I remember meeting people there who seemed to be clinging on to Manhattan for dear life as if NY were the end-all, be-all. Having said that, may you enjoy your remaining time there!
Anonymous said…
just out of curiosity... why do you choose to live separate from your husband?
Me said…
He has a great job in Canada that he loves. And with my work, there are some fantastic opportunities in the States that are hard to pass up.

So, in short, we're both very passionate about work. And we only live an hour apart by plane.

And it could easily be asked, "Why does The Husband choose to live separate from me?"

We would love to be in the same city work-wise. It is just not possible right now.
Cara said…
Congrats!!!! Are you keeping the same job or did you get a new job?
Me said…
Same company. New job.

Popular Posts