San Diego: A Gorgeous Winter Day.

I arrived in San Diego about 48 hours ago. I'm keeping it low-key and relaxed, as I want to be able to imagine myself actually living here. And even though you might think (by reading this blog) that I am an extrovert, you would be incorrect.

In real life, this chick is very much an introvert.

That doesn't mean, however, that I am socially awkward or defunct. I can carry on a conversation, host a party, lead a team... All quite well. But my favorite things to do tend to be solo. Very quiet. I'm a homebody.

So this trip to San Diego is exploratory for me, in that I want to imagine myself spending my days as I would if I lived here. No crazy tour spots are being hit. I'm hanging with friends and cooking. I'm going on long walks (some solo) to discover things.

So far, I really like it here.

I mean... What's not to love about a Winter day that looks like this??


If I lived here, I would be at the beach once a week. At least!

Wintertime in Boston usually means staying in, and walking as little as possible outside, because it is too cold to even leave the apartment. But give me a temperature above 45 degrees? I'll be out galavanting and discovering! 


Paddle-boarding in mid-January? Really?

Oh man. Jealous!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I haven't read your blog since last summer because I had a life change sort or similar to yours. I had spent the past few years taking reconnaissance trips to Santa Monica, CA to determine whether or not I could live there (from NYC).

I took the plunge this past Labor Day weekend, leaving a job of ten years. I now live two blocks from the beach, one block from he Third Street Promenade, and (dangerously) Bloomingdale's is directly across the street from my apartment.

I am so grateful I missed the winter from HELL, and I don't miss NYC one bit - well, living there, at least (I will always love it).

I live in paradise, and I really should have made this move years ago.

Now, back to catching up on the rest of your blog! :)

Popular Posts