Automatic Front Door Smart Lock.

It's been a busy week since I "moved" into my new place. The place I own... No longer a slave to crazy rent. (I'm very grateful.)

It's not yet finished, but it's getting there. I still have no kitchen or master bath. Or TV unit. But I am able to at least soak in the bath tub in my master.  And I do have a finished guest bathroom where I shower. 

The unfinished house is a bit annoying. But I know it will get there soon. But the one thing I've discovered that is crazy annoying lately is fishing for my keys to open the door to the house.
#FirstWorldProblems

My car starts at the push of a button. No key needed - just a fob that simply needs to be in the car. My rental cottage had a combination lock... Which meant I didn't have to fish for keys either.

But yesterday, while out shopping, I discovered something at the Apple Store that I just had to have to make my life easier when coming home in complete darkness...


A smart lock!

They gave me a demo at the store. And I knew it was ideal for my situation. It syncs to my mobile number. And when I am walking up to my house, it unlocks. Similarly, when I am more than 50 feet away from my front door, it automatically locks.

It was easy to install...


All that was needed was a Phillips head screwdriver. 

Looks pretty good...


Loving it so far. And all I have to do is sync other people's mobile numbers up to the door, and once they install the app they can also unlock my door automatically.

Makes life easier!

I even got a little quirky when naming my house and the lock...


Now when people come and visit, I don't have to worry about a key for them.

Comments

Popular Posts