I Dislike Rough-Chopped Lettuce.

I don't care for salads. Never have. 

I don't like the ones that are made in most restaurants. And I prefer to cut it myself to make it... Being able to control how it "bite-size" it is.

I dislike rough-chopped lettuce.

Salads with iceberg are probably my least favorite. Followed by spinach. Mixed greens are tolerable. Arugula is a decent option. So many options for roughage...

And then there are the other things you put into salads...

On the "No" list for me are:

  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumbers
  • Eggs
  • Tofu
  • Broccoli
  • Green beans
  • Bell peppers
  • Cauliflower
  • Beets
  • Corn
  • Celery
  • Artichoke hearts
  • Fish of any sort
  • Ranch or blue cheese dressing

"Ew" to all of this nonsense.

And yes, I'm aware my palate is lacking in maturity.

On salads I just want cheese, toasted bread, nuts, carrots, onions... And some kind of elegant dressing that is not going to lie thickly on things. 

This is the current edition of what I am enjoying as of late...

  • Obliterated romaine lettuce heart
  • Crumbled ounce of feta cheese
  • Chopped scallion
  • Roughly chopped dill
  • lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil

Just toss in a bowl.

The romaine heart provides a lot of potassium. That fact sways me on this salad a little more.

And I am largely not sway-able.

Certainly not on lettuce.

Not on much.

Comments

Popular Posts