Missing The Masochicm.

My dry quarter is finally over! 

I'd originally planned to drink a glass of wine and watch a movie. 

Text with a friend earlier today. 

I used to sweat puddles and regularly burn 600+ calories in a single class of hot yoga.

These days, I'm lucky if I hit 300 calories in a 60-minute session. And often my yoga leggings are just lightly moist.

But last night, a Saturday night, I had a puddle pooling around my soaked yoga mat towel. It may have been barely noticeable to others. But they also had their puddles. And when I rolled forward in poses, I could hear the fabric from my outfit squelch from being drenched.

Ew.

Not ew? This...

I kept my heart rate in Zone Two for the two-hour (yes, 120 minutes) of class, and burned 913 calories. And I was craving fruit as my supper afterwards.

That hasn't happened in like seven years. 

Now I have a craving for wanting to take another, even though this was just a one-off advanced class from a teacher passing through town.

But it's making me realize where I practice now just isn't hot or intense enough. Hell, I wouldn't even take my own class there. 

It's too gentle a place.

Mid-class, I had a thought while lying in Savasana...

"Maybe I need to move to a city where I know I can get regularly intense classes?"

So... Probably NYC, I said to myself. 

Which is not my life anymore. I like the desert. But I must find a way to recreate this type of class. 

Comments

Popular Posts