The Gorgeous Synchronicity.

It can't be explained, I will tell people. 

I sometimes say things, and have no idea from where the knowledge of it came. It's typically out of the blue and not necessarily part of a conversation I am a key stakeholder in at the time. In fact, it's usually when I am being a satellite to an orbiting conversation between others.

I am merely present there.

Someone will say something, usually definitive. Then I will open my mouth and say something specific about it... And it confuses people. But either minutes, hours, or days later... I am validated.

"How did you know?" I'll get asked. 

"I don't know," I'll hum while shrugging.

But I do. It's just not easily explained.

I call it "The Gorgeous Synchronicity" of The Universe. 

On some level, some part of me is listening and observing things and can see things. But this is not unique to me. Not at all. Everyone has this happening. That part of me, randomly, will decide to contribute to the conversation. My mouth opens, and words come out of it. 

But the math of the words doesn't add up. They don't check out. Why would I know something so specific or have an opinion about something which I have no relevance to?

No idea. And I'm not terribly invested in this skill I have. I never try to force it. And I don't fixate on it. It speaks when it wants to. 

I am a busy person, I don't have time to try to develop or foster it.

I'm always amazed when it happens, though. 

This synchronicity skill works in other ways too. And again, it's not special to me. But I do have that knack for thinking about someone or something, and it's shortly in my space. Usually it's something small. Not big things.

(Shit, if I could think about $10 Million and have it manifest, believe me, I would.)

For example, about three years ago I was working one afternoon at my computer, deep in a quarterly meeting with team members. A thought popped into my head to look up my ex-brother-in-law on Facebook. 

"You should see what Andy is up to," a thought popped forth.

Andy, one of the nicest and curious people ever to materialize from Canada, isn't someone I had thought about since my divorce to his brother years earlier. 

But I looked him up... And I saw someone a week earlier having posted a message about giving their condolences, and how his mum had been a very lovely woman.

My ex-mother-in-law had died, I determined.

Lilacs remind me of her. I picked some up this week and thought of her.

So I emailed my ex-husband (who I do not keep contact with) a simple message saying that I heard his mum had passed and that I was grateful to have had her in my life for a time.

He confirmed she was gone, and spoke of his mother with the stoicism he used for everything in his life. Specifically, he mentioned how brave and full of grace she had been while going through a prolonged illness. 

That felt, weirdly, like closure I needed. 

I hadn't thought about needing closure about her. I was glad I reached out, and had felt it as a result.

Anyway... I am grateful for each instance of Gorgeous Synchronicity that I get to experience. And I am hoping that by stating that - similar to the way the TikTok algorithm works with the content you view - I'll get to have more of it.

Comments

Popular Posts