Spontaneous & Divinee: Autumnal Oatmeal Muffins.

I have no self-control when it comes to cookbooks and recipe content.

By that I mean I will collect... pin... buy... recipe content... And then never cooko anything from it.

I've had cookbooks for over 20 years now and have never made a recipe from them.

Total poser.

While waking myself up with a cappuccino Saturday morning, I pulled an old book from my collection and browsed through it.

 

I've made one recipe from is since buying it at a Border's bookstore that was once an anchor in downtown Boston. 

As I peeked through it, I realized for once in my life I had all the ingredients for a recipe in my house!

This is a rarity, as I only keep the most random of things on hand: steaks, protein smoothies, brown rice, liquid vitamins...

It was a divine sign.

I halved the recipe - because I sure as shit am not going to get through 12 muffins - and baked for 16 minutes... And had muffins in about 30 minutes after coming across the recipe.

Autumnal perfection. Cinnamony. If only it weren't still over 100 degrees here.

Comments

Popular Posts