Tropical Work-cation.

The work travel has been piling up. 

From the start of August, I will have traveled every other week for work.

I enjoy it, but it's not easy. Because of the dog. 

It takes a lot of energy out of me, and exhausts me so much that when I am home for a week in between I barely leave my house. Even less than usual. Or write. Or go to yoga except when teaching.

That aside, my most recent work trip ended up being a mini vacation. For a day. I had time to enjoy the destination. And it rejuvenated my energetic spirit.

How could it not when these were the things I visually and physically consumed...

Color... Everywhere...


Wading in a creek in a rainforest...


The view from near my hotel...



Walking along very, very old blue cobblestones...


Kayaking under the full Moon eclipse in search of phosphorescence in a bay... 


And Pina Coladas...


After having ridden around on an ATV in the rainforest, it was perfect...


But maybe too cold...


Regardless, I finished it. Happily. Enthusiastically.

No regrets.

I got on my flight back to the contiguous rested, and happy with myself that I did not stay tucked inside a hotel room or conference room the whole time. 

A sign of growth in the workaholic.

Comments

Popular Posts