American Airlines Customer Service, You Suck Ass.

American Airlines is the most "sh&t-tasic" airline ever. They hire incompetent people who have no idea what the word "customer service" means.

Well, to be fair, I personally brought out the worst in them when it comes to "customer service."

My husband and I are leaving today for our vacation in the Turks and Caicos. We left our apartment early this morning for our 7am flight. When we got to the airport though, it seemed everyone flying internationally through a Miami connection was checking in with three or more bags per person.

This (naturally) backed up checking in quite a bit. And that's being generous. It actually backed up check-in by more than an hour. At about 6:20am, they started asking for travelers on the 7am Miami flight one at a time. By 6:35am, they stopped asking for them, even though the flight was still 25 minutes from take-off.

We knew, at that point that there was no way we were getting on the 7am to Miami or the 11:30am connecting to Providenciales in the T&C. So we waited patiently in line with everyone else. In fact, we didn't reach the counter for another 35 minutes; and that was only because they decided to see if there was anyone else who was supposed to be on the Miami flight that had already taken off.

You would think they would have done this a lot sooner. You would think that by 6:15am they would have asked if there was anyone else scheduled on the Miami flight; as they would have been able to tell by that point that quite a few people hadn't checked in for the flight.

But no. They didn't do that. And maybe that's because there were many incompetent passengers who not only had more than one bag to check per person, but also had over-stuffed the bags. There were a few people (while we were waiting in line) who we noticed pulling stuff out of one bag and stuffing it into another; in an effort to avoid the extra charges for going over 50 pounds per bag.

These people are the main reason many other passengers missed their flight. The other reason was the incompetent organization skills of American Airlines ticketing agents.

Anyhoo, once we got to the counter; we were "helped" by some idiot horribly bottled blonde bi-atch. She grabbed our passports and proceeded to tell us that we would be booked on the 1:50pm flight to Miami and would arrive in the T&C at 8pm tonight.

Well, I'm not one to keep my mouth shut so easily. Specifically when someone makes little effort to help a customer.

I had to ask the ticketing agent if there was a direct flight that would get us there sooner. (Nope, not on Tuesdays.) I had to ask her if there was a way to connect through a different city to get there sooner. (Nope. They only offer connections through Miami.) There were also no offers to book us in first class. No offers on ticket vouchers or priority seating on the flight.

I asked what the hold up in getting people checked in for the Miami flight was; and instead of apologizing for the in-covenience... The dumb bi-atch had the nerve to say "well, you're supposed to arrive two to three hours before an international flight."

Well eff that. I wasn't going to so easily be re-booked.

Here is a "sampling" of what I told (not yelled at) the dumb bi-atch (please realize that I did use swear words instead of the abbreviations below - happily):

*We were here two hours before the flight.
*We have to miss a day of our vacation because of "eff"-ing incompetent American Airlines employees.
*You people should have done a better job calling for Miami passengers sooner.
*This is bull-s&%t.
*You people are "eff"-ing incompetent.


I may have made it a more personal attack and told her she was a "bi-atch." But my husband says I did not. Either way, this was the point when the ticketing agent was a wussy and backed down from me... And said, "You can have someone else help you."

Fair enough. I said "That's fine." (I think I may have called her "incompetent" at this point.) And stepped away from the counter.

The American Airlines ticketing manager came over to us and asked what was wrong. Before we had a chance to say anything, the dumb bi-atch said "Someone else can help them. I don't have to be sworn at. She can wait out at the curb for all I care."

Before I had a chance to snipe back at her, the ticketing manager pulled us to another counter (away from the wussy bi-atch) and kindly helped us.

So, we are stuck on the flight this afternoon, which totally sucks. (And is so not our fault.) We decided to come back home (since our flight isn't for another five and a half hours) to rest. No point hanging around the airport all day.

We will NEVER fly American Airlines ever again. And if I ever see that dumbass fake blonde bi-atch who is past her prime and in obvious need of a swift kick to the head, I will kick her ass.

Comments

Anonymous said…
soooo, feel better now?
Anonymous said…
Funny, I had a similar problem with American airlines earlier this year.
Me said…
Yes. Surprisingly. Normally when I do a blog-rant; I feel guilty a few hours afterward. This time I don't.

However...

My flights to Miami and to the Turks and Caicos ended up going quite nicely. And the staff ON the flights were very kind and totally knew what they were doing. It appears it was just the incompentent staff running things the morning we took off. So I won't hold it against American Airlines altogether. Just the dumb blonde lady and hew crew at the ticketing counter.

Popular Posts