Vacation Beach Reads.

Vacation starts this coming Friday for me.  I get five days on a beach in the West Indies.  All I need to make this qualify as a good vacation vacation are:

  • 100 SPF sunblock
  • Beach umbrella
  • Beach chair
  • Sunshine
  • The occasional glass of wine
  • A Wifi connection
  • The Husband
  • Something to read
  • Make that a couple of somethings to read

I need at least three to four books to devour while on vacation. I have gotten a few recommendations from people (the Fifty Shades of Gray series), but reading the synopses do nothing for me.  But while walking the aisles of Barnes and Noble yesterday, I found two classics that caught my eye...



Sylvia Plath's "The Bell Jar" and Ernest Hemingway's memoir A Moveable Feast."

Truth be told... The Hemingway book caught my eye because I love Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris." One of my favorite movies of all time.

I still need at least one book to get me through those five days.  I have downloaded the first Game of Thrones book. So maybe that will suffice. But if you have any recommendations for me, please leave them in the comments.

Comments

That Girl! said…
I'm finishing up The Fall series from Guillermo del Toro. It's kind of amazing and very dark. I also just finished Sisters Brothers and I liked it a lot.

I just started The Yard and Enchantments but so far so good. Oh and I did also just pick up GCB - I needed some junk thrown in for good measure.
Sara said…
I will say The Fifty Shades of Grey series is pure escapism smut goodness, although I do not think it is beach material. If I was fortunate to be beach bound I would bring:
"Straight Up and Dirty" by Stephanie Klein
"Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume
"Cold Tangerines" by Shauna Niequist
"The Big Sleep" by Raymond Chandler

Have fun on your trip!

Popular Posts