My Dirty Money Quirk.

I am a wee bit obsessive compulsive. Always have been. But not in any destructive sense. And the things I am obsessive about come and go. Sometimes I am perfectly fine with things... Then the next day they will bug the crap out of me, and I have to fix it to my liking.

But in the past year, the one thing that I have been obsessed with is finding money.  Anywhere. If I am walking down the street and see a penny on the ground, I will pick it up. I can not pass it by without picking it up. Even if it is lying in mud, I will pick it up - though with a tissue from my bag.

Sometimes it is a penny. Other times it is something much larger. Three weeks ago, I was the last in boarding a flight from Miami, and I found $15 in cash  on the side of the jetway. SCORE!

Yesterday, while getting a massage, I was lying face down and spotted something shiny and silver peeking out from underneath the table. It was dark in the room, but it was luminescent. I could not stop thinking about it.

"I must pick it up when I am done with the massage!" I ordered myself.

When the massage was over, I crawled under the table and retrieved it.It was a dime from 1966. As soon as I got home, I added it to my money corner...


What you see in the above is all the change I have collected in the past year from picking up change (and bills) I find on the street. I don't know how much it is, as I haven't counted it. And I refuse to ever spend it. It's purpose is to remain in the money corner - alongside my jade from Hong Kong and my bamboo - creating an "energy of abundance" for me.

The Husband, doesn't get why I pick up change from the street.

"Are you kidding?" I screeched. "It's like you don't even know me! This is the Universe throwing money at me... It would be stupid not to accept it!"

He finds it silly. Then I point out that he is a man who will pay for his bus ride to work each morning in Toronto (yes, he takes the bus) with DIMES. I believe he has even paid for it with nickels once. And public transit in Toronto costs $3 one way. So yes, my husband will be that guy who gets on the bus and drops 30 dimes into the collection tin... Causing a back-up of people boarding the bus.

We each have our quirks about money, I suppose.

Comments

Popular Posts