Bikram 101: And Done!

Wait! It's definitely not April 11th, the 101st day of the year. How can I possibly be done with my challenge?

Well, I am ending it early.  Due to a lower back injury, I am going to miss too many classes to really make this 101-day challenge legit. So the final tally of what I accomplished:

75 classes in 84 days

Not bad! Pretty good! And I am hoping to get back in the studio before the end of this week, just as soon as I can bend over without wincing.

My practice is much better than where it was at the start of the new year. But the take-away from this long challenge is that my body runs efficiently when taking certain things out of my diet:


  • Wheat
  • Dairy
  • Eggs (Sad about this one)


As I've mentioned before, in my last 101-Day Challenge, I started developing issues to these certain foods. But my reaction was more in the form of acid reflux when practicing after eating them. Now though, my reaction to these foods (especially wheat) is a run-down feeling right after eating. And front-side compressions after eating these foods - even five hours after eating them - are rough. I feel an urge to puke. Fun times!

So I am happy with what I pushed through in the past few months. But now, I am ready to rest a few days and get into a consistent and normal practice.

Comments

Chelley said…
Congratulations, that's an impressive accomplishment! Great job!!! Hope your back recovers quickly.

Popular Posts