Scalp Refresher Recipe.

All of the processing of my hair in the past six months has taken a toll on my scalp.  I've been coral... Hot pink... Blonde... Blonder... And now blonde with a hint of grey. 

And my scalp has been paying the price. It is dry. So dry. So very dry that I have taken to slathering coconut oil all over my scalp before bed a few times in the past months. And it does help. But bout a month ago I discovered a recipe for a refreshing scalp oil treatment, and I fell in love with it.


I forgot my bottle at home in California, so I decided to go ahead and make some more for myself while I am here in Sedona. I was able to collect all of the ingredients at the local Whole Foods...

  • Tea Tree Oil
  • Rosemary Oil
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Small glass spray bottle

I dropped five drops of tea tree oil and 5 drops of the rosemary oil into the little 1 ounce bottle. I filled the bottle up with the jojoba oil and put the lid on it. I placed the bottle in the bath tub while I soaked, attempting to heat up the oil. It worked!

I am now sitting with a scalp that is tingly. I will let the oil sit for a few hours. Then I'll shower and rinse it out. Beyond helping refresh the scalp, both the tea tree oil and the rosemary oil promote hair growth. And the tea tree oil is anti-fungal. So it's meant to soothe the scalp.

I'm in heaven. Or my scalp is.

Comments

Popular Posts