Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I can't have bacon for another week or so, because of the ayahuasca retreat I was at. That is part of the agreement with the medicine that you make when you take the ayahuasca.

"No pork for 30 days after the last ceremony."

(When I go back for Sanango in June, I won't be able to have pork till after Christmas. I intend to live it up on New Year's Eve.)

But this stuff id one of my favorite things...


Beautifully oven-cooked bacon. Perfection.

I had an urge to bake last weekend. With bacon. So instead of baking for myself, I decided to bake for a friend in another state. I knew they liked bacon. And my assumption that they liked chocolate was accurate.

So I decided to mix the two flavors and bake some cookies...



I mean, it's rare to find someone who doesn't at least like chocolate chip cookies.  And I candied the bacon when I booked it...


Once cooked, I minced it down...


And mixed it in with the chips and the traditional cookie dough...


Looked so tempting for me... 

But I withheld form the urges. And each piece of the dough managed to make it into the oven.


They perfumed the air with an epic fragrance of "winning".  And still... I resisted eating any. They went straight from my oven into bags, and mailed the thousand miles they needed to travel to my friend.

They turned out so gorgeous.

I can't wait till I can have bacon again.

Comments

Popular Posts