Redecorating.

Now that The Husband and I have lived in our house for a year, we have gotten around to realizing that our guest room needs to be livened up.


Yellow is too safe a color. And rather boring.

The bed is new. And the mattresses on it are fantastic. But this room needs to be more than just a place for someone to crash. It needs to be a wonderful suite of its own. It has a full bathroom (complete with jacuzzi tub) and a private balcony which gets amazing sunshine in the morning.

The room needs to be stylish and livable. So we are revamping the room!

The bed is staying. But everything else is changing. The walls will be painted a deep warm blue color... Like the Caribbean sea. And in addition to the bed staying, the only other piece of furniture we have so far in the room is this new couch...


I love it. We bought it last weekend at a boutique in our neighborhood. It's by Mitchell Gold, and its called the "Kennedy Sofa."

Next on the list of "To-Dos": Get night stand tables. Then we also need to get new lamps and a coffee table for in front of the couch.

The only think I don't intend to put in the room is a television. I am not a fan of TVs in the bedroom.

Comments

thedancingj said…
Yo. This makes me want to come visit Toronto and stay at your house!! I owe my friend Tara a visit.... after your training of course, so I can take your class...
Me said…
You will be welcome to come and stay!!!!!

Hopefully the room will be done by then!
Melanie said…
I can't wait to wake up on my birthday in my awesome new room in Toronto!
Melanie said…
Does my room come with a butler and a room service menu?
Me said…
Sadly... No. The house is not big enough for live-in help. Maybe in our next home.
Anonymous said…
OK, taking up permanent residence in 3,2, 1 ..
bikramarian said…
That couch that couch! Love it.
bikramyogachick said…
I LOVE that couch. Jacuzzi tub in the attached bathroom??? **booking plane tickets** :)
Liveanoblelife said…
How much is a stay at "Chateau le Missus"?

This all sounds great.

Popular Posts