The "New Jackie" Bag.

I love bags. (In case you didn't know.) And normally, I study, research and crave a bag for months (sometimes years) before I will find the cajones to actually plunk down my saved cash to buy it.

But last weekend, a bag came across my path that I didn't even know I really wanted. And I bought it.

I had heard of the "Jackie" bag. I wrote about it a year and a half ago. It was named after Jackie Kennedy Onassis. And most people tend to think of Jackie O. as a polished classic fashion icon, I think of her as a sophisticated bohemian in terms of her later fashion years.

While wandering the main drag in Nassau last weekend, I came across the Gucci store. Not normally a Gucci fan, I went in with my friend to "ooh" and "ahh" over the luxury goods. I didn't see anything to my liking, so we walked out. But as we did, we passed the display window and I immediately fell in love with the bag on display...


It's a "New Jacke" bag. And it is in a deep "Slytherin-like" green. It is a huge hobo bag, and come with side tassels and a longer shoulder strap to change up how you wear it.

The reason I walked out of the store with the bag in my hands, despite not being in the market for a new bag, was that it was on incredible-oh-my-gosh-you-are-stupid-if-you-pass-this-up-because-you-will-never-find-it-this-cheap-again sale. The bag was 50% off. And I didn't have to pay sales tax on it.

It was an impulse purchase, yes. But one I am very happy with, and imagine I will be for a very, very long time.

Comments

Jessica (Bayjb) said…
Love it. And not having to pay sales tax? That is a big plus toward buying. I would have gotten it
Gorgeous!!! Great score!

Popular Posts