The Middle Of The Bed.

Today was my last Saturday in Toronto for two whole months. Which means, it is the last Saturday I have with my husband, Human.

Instead of going out to dinner, as we usually do, we stayed in and we cooked together. It was lovely. But it got to me that I won't be doing this with him for two whole months. That is a long time. And though I was well aware of the fact that I will be gone for two whole months, it makes me a little freaked that this is the last Saturday.

Training is nine weeks long. I remember thinking ten weeks ago, "Wow. Training is so far away. I have longer now till training begins than I will have at training."

Time flies. And I will miss him. But perhaps while I am away, I will finally do something that I never got around to doing while I was living alone in Brooklyn, before we got engaged...


Sleep in the middle of my bed.

Sounds weird, I know. But I have never been a bed hog. I have always slept on one side of the bed at night. It doesn't matter which slide I sleep on, I don't "have a side." But whatever side I choose, I sleep in that side and that side alone. I do not spread out. I've been that way since childhood.

And I don't move around in my sleep either. (Though The Husband tells me I do snore occasionally... Which coincidentally enough, only started after we got married. Hee-hee, sucker!)

So I may not have my Saturday nights. But I will have the liberty to sleep in the middle of the bed.

I wonder what it's like to spread out?!?!

Comments

Chrissy D. said…
I start out on one side of the bed and migrate to the middle every night. Last night I actually dreamt that the T&C gave me a room that had two single beds together side by side. I was so upset because it meant I couldn't sleep in the middle!
When I sleep alone while traveling for work, I have to remind myself that I can spread out and sleep in the middle. When I do, believe me, it is an entirely different kind of sleep. It's relaxing and pampering and calm in a way that can never be when you share a bed with someone else. Enjoy!

Popular Posts